Updates to this policy will be published on this website or are available on request.
Unless stated otherwise, in this policy "Endsleigh", "we" and "us" mean these companies registered in England at Shurdington Road, Cheltenham Spa, Gloucestershire GL51 4UE:
- Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited (Company 856706)
- Endsleigh Insurances (Brokers) Limited (Company 1379864)
- Woodstock Insurance Brokers Limited (Company 04288957)
For the purposes of data protection legislation, each company above is a data controller of your personal information and is in the Endsleigh group of companies.
Information we collect
We collect and process personal information that you provide via our website, or when you contact us, including some information we collect automatically.
Information you give to us
We collect and process personal information that you give us when requesting information, when you buy from us, when you advise us of a change, or when making a claim.
The personal information we collect includes:
- your personal details
e.g. your name, occupation, email and telephone numbers
Recording and monitoring communications
We routinely record and monitor calls, emails and other communications to improve our service and for security and regulatory purposes.
Cookies, web tracking and similar technologies
When you use our website Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited, it automatically collects information such as your IP address (the unique address identifying your device from all the others on the internet), what type of device you are using (e.g. a tablet, phone or PC) and cookies from your device.
Our website contains web technologies that collect information from your movements around our website and the data you enter. Endsleigh uses this information to improve the design of our website, for profiling and for decision-making, but not for marketing or sharing with third parties for marketing.
Cookies are used to compile anonymous website usage statistics, for fraud prevention and to measure the effectiveness of our online advertising campaigns.
It is important that you understand that you must disclose material circumstances which you and/or your senior management and/or anyone responsible for arranging your insurance know or ought to know to us or to your insurer. You must ensure that all material statements of fact are substantially correct and not misleading, and are provided in good faith. Failure to do so could result in your policy either being voided, written on different terms or a higher premium being charged, depending on the circumstances surrounding the failure to present the risk fairly.
You must also tell us, as soon as possible, about any change in circumstances as this could affect your insurance cover.
How we use your information
Endsleigh and our selected third parties collect and use your information to meet our legal obligations, and for these legitimate business purposes:
- communicate with you about products you own or services you use
- ask for your views on our services
- analyse, develop and improve products and services we offer
- maintain our records
- investigate and resolve complaints and respond to enquiries
- trace debtors or beneficiaries and recover debt
We keep the amount of information collected and the extent of any processing to the minimum to meet these legitimate business purposes.
Dealing with others acting on your behalf
We normally need your consent before we permit other people you trust to act on your behalf.
Keeping you informed
We will obtain your consent before contacting you by email, text, phone or post about products, discounts, rewards or competitions we think will interest you.
If you change your mind at any time and wish to withdraw your consent to this contact, you can either click the unsubscribe link in our emails or contact us.
Please note: We do not share your information for marketing purposes with anyone outside of the Endsleigh group of companies.
Who we share your information with
When necessary we will share your personal information with:
- other companies in the Endsleigh group of companies, or companies affiliated to us
- associated companies including insurance companies, premium finance providers and our other suppliers and service providers (for the purpose of the service they provide to us)
We transfer your data outside of the UK. We have safeguards in place including standard contractual clauses which have been adopted or approved by the EU or other solutions that meet the requirements of European data protection laws to ensure that your personal data are protected to the extent you would expect, were they to remain in the UK. A copy of these safeguards is available from our data protection officer.
Keeping your information
We keep your information only for as long as is necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected and to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations as set out by HMRC, the Financial Conduct Authority and others.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection legislation you have the right to:
- ask us for a copy of your personal information via a Subject Access Request
- have inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you rectified and for access to it to be restricted until we do - this prevents it from being changed or further processed
- have personal information about you erased when we no longer need it for the purposes for which it is held, or when we are required to do so by law
- ask us to restrict the use of your personal information, if you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- object to its use for marketing to you
- object at any time, to our processing personal information about you, although we have a reasonable right to process such information for our legitimate business purposes or in the public interest
- obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different providers
- withdraw your consent, at any time, for any reason, to processing you have previously consented to, unless laws or regulations permit us to continue such processing
If you have any concerns regarding our processing of your personal information or your data protection rights, please contact us. If you have raised a concern with us and it has not been resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to report your concern to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF. The Information Commissioner’s Office cannot award compensation.
To exercise your data protection rights or to find out more about how we use your information please contact us:
by email to: [email protected]
or in writing to:
Data Protection Officer
Endsleigh Insurance Services Limited
Requests must be made by the data subject (the person the data relates to), or by someone who we have previously agreed may act on their behalf. We have the right to refuse requests which are excessive, unfounded or repetitive, or where we are unable to verify your identity. We may also ask you to provide additional information or documentation if we are unable to verify your identity.
When making a request, please include i) your full name and date of birth as they appear on your insurance documents and ii) any relevant dates, times and reference numbers, particularly policy, quote or claim numbers.